Team information, stats and prediction in advance of Southampton vs Newcastle within the Premier League on Friday; kick-off 8pm.Team information
Southampton will be without Danny Ings for their Premier League clash against Newcastle on Friday. The England global has gone through knee surgical treatment and is predicted to be out for up to 6 weeks.
Ryan https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/8933468/ Bertrand (hamstring), Jan Bednarek (head) and Ibrahima Diallo (lifeless leg) can also be absent from Southampton's squad.
- Two channels for the rate of 1 - 146 live PL games + EFL for just £18 p/m
- Get a NOW TV Sky Sports pass Sign up for PL aim alerts
- Premier League information information-position="accessibility-message">Please use Chrome browser for a extra reachable video participant
A examine a number of the key stats surrounding the fixtures in matchweek eight of the Premier League
Newcastle head train Steve https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/8933562/ Bruce has no fresh harm concerns ahead of the ride.
Skipper Jamaal Lascelles played the overall 90 minutes in Sunday's 2-1 domestic win over Everton after shaking off a foot harm and emerged unscathed. Martin Dubravka (ankle), Jonjo Shelvey (hernia surgical treatment) and Matt Ritchie (shoulder) and Dwight Gayle (knee) continue to be at the sidelines, but are working their way again towards health CastboxHow to follow
Please use Chrome browser for a greater on hand video player
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Southampton's win in opposition to Aston Villa inside the Premier League
Southampton vs Newcastle might be broadcast stay on Sky Sports Premier League from 7.30pm on Friday Night Football; kick-off at 8pm. Sky Sports clients can watch in-game clips in the live match blog on the Sky Sports website and app. Highlights will also be published at the Sky Sports digital structures and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
- Get Sky Sports pass for £nine.99
If Southampton win right here, they'll finish an afternoon top of the Premier League for the first actual time.
Last time they ended an afternoon top of a league changed into returned in 1988 whilst Phil Collins became topping the charts with 'A Groovy Kind Of Love' - a becoming manner to describe my https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/8933600/ feeling in the direction of Ralph Hasenhuttl.
'Sir Ralph' has an opportunity to get where he belongs on Friday night: top of the pile.
I'm completely invested in his managerial potential. If he's taking Southampton places, he's going to take me at the side of them. Aston Villa got 'Hasenhuttled' ultimate weekend courtesy of some rip-roaring midfield play and sensational completing from James Ward-Prowse and Danny Ings. The striker will be a huge miss over the following https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/8933434/ six weeks but it is now not a fear for this recreation.
Newcastle continue to defy the overall performance metrics to pick out up factors. They have scored 10 goals from 18 photographs heading in the right direction this season - no facet have had fewer efforts on course within the Premier League. Also, they have confronted 117 shots this season - 13 extra than some other side. It's an unsustainable model. They do no longer scare me. Ralph will discover a way thru.
JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 2-0 (8/1 with Sky Bet)Opta stats
Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Newcastle win over Everton within the Premier League
- After a seven-game unbeaten run against Newcastle in the Premier League among December 2013 and October 2017 (W4 D3), Southampton have misplaced 4 in their closing five in opposition to the Magpies within the opposition (D1).
- Newcastle won this actual fixture 1-0 closing season, their first away league win in opposition to Southampton considering the fact that September 2004. They've in no way gained returned-to-back visits to Saints in league opposition.
- Victory for Southampton might see them end a day pinnacle of the Premier League for the first actual time. Indeed, the last time Saints ended a day at the summit of the pinnacle-flight desk was returned in September 1988 beneath Chris Nicholl.
- Southampton have won four of their ultimate six Premier League domestic games (D1 L1), as many as they'd of their previous 18 at St Mary's (W4 D4 L10).
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last four Premier League away games (W1 D3), winning as soon as and drawing twice on the street to this point this term. They last had a longer run with out an away Premier League defeat among May-October 2011 (6 video games), whilst 2011-12 become the last time they remained unbeaten of their beginning four Premier League away games.
- Southampton's James Ward-Prowse has been involved in 4 goals in his remaining two Premier League video games (three dreams, 1 help), greater than he had in his previous 28 within the competition (1 purpose, 2 assists). 32% of his Premier League desires have been from direct free-kicks (8/25); handiest gamers have a better such ratio with at least 25 dreams scored - Seb Larsson, forty two per cent (11/26) and Ian Harte, 36% (10/28).
- Callum Wilson has scored six dreams in his seven Premier League appearances for Newcastle, extra than he had in his final 30 for Bournemouth within the opposition (5). These six goals had been really worth six factors to Newcastle up to now.
Jamie Carragher and Steve Bruce are many of the guests in this week's Pitch to Post Preview Podcast.
Sky Sports pundit Carragher joins Peter Smith and Adam Bate to appearance beforehand to the huge Super Sunday clash among Man City and Liverpool, whilst Steve Bruce is on the road to discuss Newcastle's Friday Night Football ride to Southampton and the form of famous person striker Callum Wilson.
Also at the display we analyse how Chelsea have turned around their defensive problems, how Leicester have coped with damage problems, and Adam makes a ambitious Castbox